The process of the collection of transcript in Olabisi Onabanjo University has being a daunting task for most its Alumni but not anymore as the university’s authority has made thing a lot quite easier than it used to be. The process is summarized below (as convenient as it may be) in these 5 steps below:
THINGS TO KNOW:
- There are two types of transcript, LOCAL and INTERNATIONAL. The local transcript goes for N2500 per copy while the International transcript goes for N5000 per copy without any additional charges as at the time this article was written.
- You need to get a DUPLICATE copy of either your NOTIFICATION OF RESULT or CERTIFICATE ready.
- Before now, you need to get a clearance from the university bursar but in recent times it is no longer necessary, just ensure you have been cleared by the University of any Debt.
Make a payment of the corresponding transcript amount at any of the POS terminal at either the Permanent site or Mini-Campus locations with your ATM card only; from experience, making payment at Mini campus (Defunct Post Office, Beside 003/004) is advised. Also make payment of N1000 for Alumni Association which is valid for a year also at the same POS terminal. Make duplicate copy(s) of the receipts issued.
Take the receipts back to the Ground Floor of the former CESAP building at the Permanent Site, the Academic affairs room (Room 8).
Collect a Transcript Request Form from the officers available and fill appropriately.
INFORMATION REQUIRED ON THE TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM:
- MATRIC NUMBER
- DATE OF BIRTH
- CLASS OF DEGREE e.g. Second Class, Upper division
- FORWARDING ADDRESS (es) (Address to which the transcript will be delivered to).
- YEAR OF GRADUATION.
Submit the transcript request form back to the room and attach the following documents to it.
- ORIGINAL COPY OF TRANSCRIPT RECEIPT(s) COLLECTED FROM THE POS TERMINAL.
- PHOTOCOPY OF ALUMNI ASSOCIATION RECEIPT COLLECTED FROM THE POS TERMINAL.
- PHOTOCOPY OF NOTIFICATION OF RESULT/ CERTIFICATE. Any if available.
- PHOTOCOPY OF TRANSCRIPT (FOR THOSE WHO HAVE COLLECTED BEFORE AND WANT A REPRINT; it speeds up the process, in the case of a re-issuance).
You will be contacted via the telephone number you filled in the transcript request form, it usually takes about 3 – 5weeks before the transcript is ready. If after 6weeks, you don’t get a call that your transcript is ready, visit Room 10, Academic Affairs, former CESAP Building to do a follow up.
Disclaimer: This information is valid as at the time this article was written and published, it is however subject to change by the University Authority without any prior notice.
For feedback, suggestions and questions, please use the comment box below or gladly write to info@OOUconnect.net